6 games later...
see Tasha? front row, fourth from the left (click to enlarge)...they did it, they won the gold medal -- the U.S. Women's Soccer team beat Brazil 1-0 in the Olympic final!!! I watched the two-and-a-half hour match (which started at 3am, Hawaii time) and it was the best televised game I have ever seen since I started following the women's national team. It was tied 0-0 at the end of the 90 minutes and so they went into extra time. That's when Carli Lloyd scored the one and only goal. Tasha went in during extra time. I am so happy, considering their starting game with a 2-0 loss to Norway, a lot of people doubted them. I wanted them to get the gold, and they did!!! Do you know what this means?? I get to see (and hopefully touch) a real Olympic gold medal!!! Congratulations, girls!!! Great job!! Hats-off to Brazil's Marta and Cristiane -- they are amazing players and have so much talent, it's unbelievable to watch them in action with the ball.



3 comments:
i didn't know you and tasha were such good friends, that is cool.
rad that they won, i didn't even remember to watch the game, i suck!
We totally were routing for them. Tasha is unbelievable! Pretty cool that a little Hauuligan is a gold medalist, if I do say so myself. Studly chick!
YAY!! I'm so glad they got the gold!! Whoo hoo! and I LOVE the fonts in your header!! How'd you do that? What are the fonts called?
Post a Comment