11.14.2008

oh, joy!

okay, so no new pictures for this one. i am pretty excited about the holiday season. i have been exceptionally happy this week because i have finally been utilizing my abilities as an LMT, and gave three official in-home massages. and all three re-booked!!! hooray for repeat clients!!! it's been so long since i have had my own income. and thank you, thank you aunty. if this is steady, then you MUST accept payment for your babysitting services.
feels good...now i can support my etsy friends (echo, ashley, and melissa). and i only plan to work a few hours a week, my other jobs (as wife and mother) come first. and doug does a great job being the breadwinner for our family. i am grateful for that.
other reasons for my smiling face: i get to go to the temple tomorrow. and this morning, aaron took our family photos (let's hope i look awesome like steph, hehe). and in two weeks it is Thanksgiving, and my brother and his family will be here visiting. then for Christmas, our little family will be hopping on a plane and heading to Oregon. yay!!! and the countdown begins!! hoping for a white Christmas (my first!).

12 comments:

Carissa said...

I am excited for you that you get to spend time with your family for the Holidays, for Thanksgiving AND Christmas, and congrats on your re-bookings, that is way cool!

Kalei said...

I'm so happy for you! I wish I could get massaged now.. I really wish I could have one. And I'm pretty bummed I won't be there tomorrow and for Emily them too. Sounds like everything is going really good! Good JOB with the massaging!

stef j. said...

yay for accomplishing one of your goals!! i'm so excited for tomorrow!

Melissa said...

Liko i was planning on going tomorrow, but I forgot I have my Praxis 11 exam right during your session! :( so sad!

I'm so excited for you tho!

liko said...

it's okay melissa, thanks though. my cousin has to take that same test tomorrow and couldn't make it either. you'll be there in my thoughts.

echo said...

yay liko! for going through the temple!!
thanks for the cool shout out too.

Stephanie said...

hooray for you and thanks for the shout out as well :)

Unknown said...

I totally forgot you were going to the temple! I'm so sorry I wasn't there! I had a RS thing and then a funeral! I'm so glad you got income coming in! Whoo hoo!! I should have taken you up on those practice massages! Now I'll have to pay you! One day when I'm rich!! Good luck! and I'll be on the look out for customers for you!! ;D

Megan and Keli'i said...

I hope all went well, Liko! I think that you are awesome! And yes, I am soooooo excited for the holiday season too, and jealous that at least you'll be cold for the Christmas season. I hope it snows for you too. WHite Christmases are the best!

liko said...

thank you everyone, for the support and love. it was the greatest experience! next time around it'll be with the rest of my family!!!

Willing 'Ohana said...

Hey Liko! Long time no see or write. So I found your blog on my cousin David's one. Sounds you guys are doing good. I wish I was there so you could give me a massage. I don't know if you've seen our blog but I'm pregnant with our third. Anyways, I saw your sister Jessica up at BYU on Thursday. She was in the law school library (Kainoa's second home). It was so good to see another familiar face here in good ole Utah. Well take care and hopefully we can keep in touch.

sheila said...

Liko I was going to congratulate you today at church when I saw you in nursery, but got sidetracked with kids and babies- you know how THAT goes.

But congrats on going to the temple. Keoni and I are really happy for you.

Today Faith said she was 'thankful for her mom and dad because they make her food'. (we did the turkey thing in primary too)