11.28.2008

tradition

I just got through watching a favorite movie of mine.
It reminds me of Christmas' past. Me and my sisters
would watch it together around this time of year. We
would laugh and cry together and pretend to be the
March girls.


This time around, however, I watched it alone. I miss my
sisters. This will be the first Christmas we are not here on
this island together. I am grateful for having friends who
help me fill that void.
(And if you've never seen it, I'd highly recommend that you

do! {especially if you have sisters!})

7 comments:

Stephanie said...

oh i knew we were kindred spirits! :) i LOVE this movie as well and my friend ashley and i would watch it over and over when we were younger and recite lines and act them out :)

since there were four marsh girls and four hawkins girls in my family we would also say who was who and i was always a little offended that since i was the youngest i had to be amy since she was kinda a brat (but i was too! haha). at least i wasnt beth... she died. :)

karebear said...

Hey Happy Thanksgiving Weekend Liko! I just wanted to say that I love that movie too =). I would watch that any day...

stef j. said...

haven't seen the movie, but i'll be your sister. :)

Megan and Keli'i said...

LOVE "Little Women." I don't have any sisters, but I love the movie just the same. And I am sad for you, Liko, that you don't get to spend Christmas with yours...but I will definitely be your fill-in sister! I could use one!

liko said...

such lovely sisters you all are!!! thanks!

Stephanie said...

yeah, we found out thanksgiving day... it's been a very nervous holiday weeekend for us. we stressed big time... we were like... well, let's just enjoy our days off and then we sat there trying not to cry instead. :(

i was gonna talk to you about it at the craft fair- see what you guys will do or if you knew about it... i wonder what they'll find out at the meeting today- or uh- right now. since thomas is licensing our future depends on it (as i am sure yours and many others do too!)- hope it works out for all of us we are praying too friend! thinking of you...

Megan and Keli'i said...

After your post, I had to watch it. Soooo, that's what I did yesterday. And yes, I cried. I hate when Beth dies. She's my favorite, even though I'm probably more like awkward Jo.