on wednesday, we walked the bike path and then enjoyed acai bowls with some friends.
on friday, the weather was cold and rainy. so we stayed indoors, baked some yummy chocolate chip cookies, and i sewed this easy-peasy Easter dress for miss Faith. i know, it needs lining (and she's gonna be wearing a shirt under it). and i'm thinking about adding some flower or little embellishment to fancy it up a bit. i love how simple and bright it is!
when we were little, i remember my mom sewing dresses for all of us girls - with matching fabric. on Easter, we'd all go to church in our cute dresses. i couldn't find any of those pictures, but they would've been awesome to post.










8 comments:
you are so great at sewing! so impressed! you just whip stuff up- i need help! :)
also, we had 4 girls in my family and we all had homemade easter dresses every year too... matching too... only problem was i was the youngest so i got the hand-me-downs and had to wear the same dress for years! :)
you are a wonder! great job with that dress! faith looks fabulous. the fabric i bought that night is still in the walmart bag and in fact is still sitting on my kitchen table where i dropped it that night when i got home. maybe i will get some motivation this week.
dang girlll- you got some mad skillz.
seriously though, you are turing into a freaking hawaiian martha stewart and i love it! i am so glad i can see it on on your blog too! i miss you all!
so cute the dress!! i have some pictures of us in our dresses but no scanner, man you can sew now!
and MALIK! you cheesy booger, i love you, love you too faith
that dress is really cute!
and perfect for easter.
I was lazy and went out and bought Kailani's dress.-although I don't have a sewing machine here.
great job!
so cute!! I love that fabric too! I almost bought it but didn't at walmart and got a different one.
I also only made kaiya a super easy skirt. This dress is much cuter! You know I have to ask, it's just too darn cute...where did you get the pattern?
Adoreable! You are really amazing at sewing! "I just made this dress...la-tee-dah..." ;-) I wish that was me.
Post a Comment