picture from google
we have been enjoying cold, sweet, yummy cherries these hot dog days of early summer. and i've acquired 2 lovely japanese pattern books that i am enjoying looking through and dreaming about before attempting to sew anything from them. they're in japanese, so i'll be following the pictures. oh, and you should see the pattern sheets - QUITE overwhelming, i must say. ha! wish me luck! i do that, you know. i am content looking through and reading my sewing books (even my sewing machine manual) over and over. i never get tired of looking at all of the beautiful projects and fabrics that inspire and learning all the cool things my machine is capable of. doesn't mean i am continually creating things. just dreaming about the possibilities. and a new rule i need to abide by: i cannot buy anymore fabric until the stash i have diminishes by maybe half. and all those i am related to who have had birthdays or whose birthdays are in the near future - i will be sending something for you sometime. as soon as i get done with the long list of things i intend to make, checking them off as i go. just know that i didn't forget -- i'm just late. it's hot and humid as heck here right now, so enjoy the cooler days and nights you may be experiencing - wherever you may be.




6 comments:
your so into sewing, i love it. can't wait to see what you make!
i think i figured it out... all the pictures on my post were from flickr. that is it i bet. that and i am not cool enough for your blog ;)
well, i can certainly relate- i just drool over my sewing books and sewing sites and sewing blogs and fabric in person and online....etc. even if i am not sewing all the time.
i am almost finished with those birds. i did not do a good job. they have holes that i need to mend and it was tricky sewing for me. i think i would have enjoyed it a lot more if i would have hand sewn them- lesson learned! since i am not a precise sewer i need to hand sew the small, tricky projects for sure!
anyway, i too have a long long list of to-do projects and now i just need to DO them!!! :)
Hey Liko... I'm glad you look at my blog...I look at yours too :) I'm doing the same thing right now with sewing too. I spend WAY too much time looking at sewing blogs and websites looking at pretty fabric! Also I am stoked about Castles Beach Day... hopefully there will be waves!
Those cherries look yummy!!! I love how everyone is learning how to sew and being so crafty. ONE day ONE day :)
you inherited Japanese sewing books? from your mom? I love those books, the fact that they are in Japanese intimidates me! I guess that would give me motivation to learn japanese eh?
show us your projects when you are done!
mmmmm, those cherries look delicious! I want to look at your sewing books too!
Post a Comment