11.14.2009
keen-wa
I bought 4 pounds of this from Costco. It claims to be "the most nutritious of all grains", gluten free (kalei, for you), is high in fiber, and a good source of iron and protein. Problem is, the only time I recall eating it, I wasn't impressed in the way it was prepared. I'm gonna search online for some yummy recipes to make with it. Any of you have any you'd like to share?
Labels:
yummies
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




9 comments:
my sister is a vegetarian and cooks with this stuff sometimes, i will have to ask her what she likes to make and let you know!
my mother in law made the best or one of the best vegetarian meals a couple weeks ago with this and it was delicious. this was the side dish- the main was the amazing part- but it really complimented the meal ya know.
anyway, i really wanted it after that so i decided i would buy it at a health food store next time i was feeling fancy- so it's good to know it exists at costco! woo hoo!
YUCK MAN, i hate that stuff, it was so gross when, what the hecks her name, i can't believe i forgot her name, from massage school, i threw it in the trash after the first bite, blech
check out finemealwoman.blogspot.com. there are some recipes on there for it.
i personally have never tried it or cooked with it but i did almost pick it up at costco last time we were there. let me know what you think of it
Hmmmm. When you get some info on this stuff, I'd love to hear more...if it's good, all that jazz.
Hmmm...I dont have any recipes, but I can think of one person who used to eat this raw out of a dixie cup every morning. It was Dr. Holland. Ha! I dont think he would be able to give you any recipes, just lectures :)
It is actually one of the most complete protiens you can eat too! I really like this recipe:
http://www.wholeliving.com/recipe/greek-style-quinoa-burgers-recipe
I also made it for Shanae once and she loved it. Try it!
however let me add that I have modified it a HUGE amount that was when I was vegan and didn't eat eggs and yogurt and other stuff in the recipe. It still turned out great. I don't actually know how it tastes as is, but it should be really good still.
Greek yogurt is delicious but super fattening so you can (like I did) substitute an all natural dressing as a topping. I use Amy's (you can get it at Tamura's)
I make it just like rice and eat it that way too. I love it. I do recommend small batches when made in a rice cooker, and a little less water than it calls for. We eat it with a little Braggs Aminos on it. It's like soy sauce, but gluten free and full of amino acids. I have a good recipe I just tried for Beef and Quinoa meatballs. I used turkey instead. http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/recipes/recipe.php?recipeId=2533
I hope y'all are doing well. I haven't been checking your blog for awhile now because I honestly forget to check everyone's blog that is set to private. If it doesn't update on my blogroll I lose track.
Post a Comment