11.18.2010

i lost 5 lbs.

in locks.
see before (above)
and after (below)
may not look like much to ya'll, but it sure feels like it to me!

today was my first time ever setting foot in a salon to cut my hair (and quite obviously so!).
growing up, my mom and aunty would cut and trim as needed.
and since marriage, i've been trimming it and giving myself sorry-looking bangs (over and over again).
needless to say, this appointment was looong overdue.
it got cut, layered, and thinned.
and that awesome redhead lindsey at laie did it.
it feels waaaay short, but oh so good.
ooh-la-la.

20 comments:

mrs. ho said...

hot mama!! and was it seriously 5 lbs?? that must feel fantastic, good for you.

liko said...

i doubt 5 lbs, but it sorta feels like it. heehee!!

Kaity said...

I love it. My mom always trimmed my hair too. I have only been to the salon a handful of times. It feels to good though, you're right.

ashley said...

hey hot mamma! i love it, looks great on ya!!!
i keep thinking i want mine shorter too but can't do it! maybe i will follow your lead...

oh, and my dad would cut my hair! it was awesome.

echo said...

it does look good! i love it!

echo said...

it does look good! i love it!

Anonymous said...

yeah the salon ladies alwas "thin" out my hair too, sometimes i worry that they'll thin it too much and i'd look bald but i'm wierd, its cute your hair cut

Stephanie said...

i am so glad i got to see it in person! you look lovely as always- but i am in shock that this was your FIRST TIME in a salon! that's totally awesome.

lookin good girl :)

Megan and Keli'i said...

LOVE it! You are one hot girl!

Kalei said...

nice hair cut! I'm jealous, I've been needing to get mine cut. haha it looks cute! Love it!

Melissa said...

you are so hot!

karebear said...

ooo-la-la is right! youlook fabulous girl =). wish i had hair like you!

Smiths said...

Looks so good. You're kind of my hero- I'll be doing the same too...someday.

Shanae said...

looks good! I just got mine cute too. It is about the same length as yours.

tara martinak said...

You look fabulous Liko!!

Matti said...

yes...oooh la la! You look super cue! Maybe I'll go visit that red head. I could use a little ooh la la.

Unknown said...

I love it! I totally wanna layer my hair!
and I have yet to set foot in a salon to have my hair cut! My mom and roommates in college would cut my hair. Now my husband actually does it! But I will one day hopefully have that salon experience!

.Ang. said...

Ow ow!

You look HOT!!

Chant'e said...

holy cow that was your first time in a hair saloon. that's awesome! not many people can say that. and i love your hair, it looks great. strait or curly.

carrie @ the boonie life said...

I had never had my hair done professionally until I got married. Either my mom or a friend would cut it. Your hair is beautiful!