6.17.2011

kung foo, slip-n-slide, and poi balls

mommy, daddy, angela 
at grandma and grandpa ho's house with the cousins

Last week Friday my mom and two sisters flew away to Alaska.  Tear.  So I am back to being the lone former Kahuku-Ho in the islands.  I really enjoyed them and it was a treat to have my mom here for a nice long stay.  Thank you mama, Alohi, and Angela for all you did!
In an effort to get back into mom groove without my mommy here helping, I wanted to keep the summer fun rolling on for the kids without disruption.  So on Monday I took them to watch Kung Foo Panda 2 and we enjoyed it!  This is the first summer I'm having to work since my kids have been in school and I want to make the most of my days off enjoying it with them.  They have been staying with my aunty while Doug and I work.  At her house they ride bikes like crazy and on Wednesday they had a slip-n-slide party with Nicole - thank you guys for taking good care of our kids!  Doug and I really appreciate it!
on the canoe
the boy sporting his spider tattoo







Today we went to PCC as a family - it was Faith and Malik's first time.  They got spray-on tattoos and we watched the Polynesian Odyssey in the IMAX.   We rode the canoe, saw the canoe show and hit up the Samoan and Maori villages.  I purchased annual passes so we will most likely be going again to see the other villages and the night show.  The kids loved watching the coconut-tree climbing and fire-making.  Faith insisted on doing the poi balls, and I showed her some moves I remembered from my fourth grade New Zealand May Day performance.  It was a good day.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

We're so sad we missed the PCC fun! Asher is the crankiest crank these days. He bit Gideon that day. Like a real bad dog bite on his face. SO yeah, be glad we didn't go. I hope we can make it next time and that no one will be cranky! haha

Scotts of Paradise said...

Did you know those tatoos are a big rip off. The smallest ones are $15