4.22.2008

Day Trip

Today we decided to hike into a very beautiful valley. It was me, the kids, 2 of my sisters and 3 cousins. I have been there many times, never before with the kids. It started out rather well, then Malik began requesting to be carried. The girls were gracious enough to oblige him, at times. Faith did pretty good trekking. We got to the bamboo forest and swimming hole and it was as beautiful as I remember. We had a snack/lunch break and took a little dip into the refreshing mountain water. Then, our return trip began and Malik wanted to be carried all the way out and halfway down Faith lost it and began screaming like a banshee at me that she was tired and wanted me to carry her. I know, I know, it was a pretty long hike for the little people. I knew that going in, but we still had a blast. And as soon as the truck was in sight, Faith said, "That was a fun hike. I want to hike again tomorrow!" Yeah, right . . . maybe just a little one. Needless to say, shortly after we got home, they both knocked right out after I gave them a bath. It was a very fun day!

1 comment:

Smiths said...

So fun to see pictures of your family and of green, warm, beautiful Hawaii. Congrats on graduating. I'll be telling all my friends. A free massage is just one more reason for me to wish I was there.