this evening there was yet another shark attack out front from where we live -- not the first since we've been living here. it was a surfer, and doug happened to be walking on the beach (checking the surf) when the victim came onto shore. doug said he had deep wounds in his thigh and calf, and a bite mark on his board. i hope that he will make a full recovery with his leg still intact. doug got some footage and was interviewed; it should be on the news tonight. i hope this same fate doesn't befall anyone we know, and i'm glad doug wasn't out surfing today. i, personally, believe that it just happened to be a case of mistaken identity on the hungry sharks' part.
on a lighter note, enjoy these pictures us swimming with the sharks in moorea.
9.09.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









8 comments:
so, when are you guys moving to Oregon? he he he he, jk. i'm glad it wasn't Doug, too
oh yeah, agree that it was a mistaken identity cuz if it wasn't we wouldn't be seein no surfer with holes in his leg, there wouldn't be anything left
that is scary! seriously one of my biggest fears about surfing. I know it hardly ever happens, but it does happen.
i saw all the emergency vehicles and things like that as i was driving home from work! i am glad to know that no one died, because judging from all the different ambulences and police cars and lifeguard jet skis- i was sure someone had!
scary! haha... shane read ur entry and said. See there are sharks!!! he's such a scaredy cat! haha
Whoa! That is totally crazy! I just read that in the newspaper! I'm glad that wasn't your husband either!
i am just going to pretend that i didn't read this post and remember to not go surf out in front of your house.
That is so scarey!! Where are you guys living now?? After living on the mainland for a few years now, every time I've been back home I have to admit that I'm a little more scared of sharks now. Lame, I know!!
Post a Comment