8.08.2009

fragments


i saw this dress in my anthropologie catalog and thought it was so very cute.

i decided to make my own little girl version for a birthday girl who just turned 3.

i hope it fits her -- and i forgot to take a picture of it!

(if her mom posts a pic, i can show you how it turned out.)

and yesterday, i finally became the owner of a Williams-Sonoma cookbook of my very own. i am a HUGE fan of their cookbooks, because the simple recipes call for basic ingredients that you can easily find in the supermarket -- if not in your own kitchen! and the things you make are oh so yummy!!! i can't stand cookbooks that call for fancy-shmancy ingredients or ones i have never heard of and/or have no idea where to get! so i never end up making those recipes!

my dad scored his stash of these cookbooks over at Ross' - can't beat the price there! they're with him in Alaska...but when they were living here, we used the recipes in the 'Baking' one almost every Sunday. and it did NOT disappoint!

and happy birthday grandma chris!!!

hope you have lots of fun and cake!!!

we love you!

7 comments:

Melissa said...

i have lost my camera in my house somewhere once again! arggh I am really bad at keeping track of it!

anyways the dress looks exactly like that! I LLLOOOOOOOOOOOVEEE it!!! You are so good at what you do!

sheila said...

I just caught up on your blog since two weeks. Just have to say that your blog is very entertaining. Colorful and not at all boring to read {because some blogs are just like that}.
Thanks for the nice comments too.

and ps. you make both Keoni and I jealous with all your great beach pictures.

ashley said...

you made a dress like that?!? wowzers! i can't wait to see a pic!

echo said...

k- i HAVE to see a pic of that dress. seriously. you amaze me.

Unknown said...

that's so awesome!

I totally agree with you about the fancy ingredients! I need to get my hand on one of those cookbooks!

Stephanie said...

i was so so impressed with that dress you made her! way to go! and those cookbooks sounds great... hmmmm.... make me something out of them! haha.... just kidding....sort of. :)

Matti said...

I saw the extremely cute dress with my very own 2 eyes. And I can vouch for how insanely cute and amazing it turned out....so jelous of your skills!