was a weird day, to say the least.
For me, it started at 5:45 a.m. I got outta bed and went to wake Malik up. When I set foot in his room, there was a smell. Then I saw it: the pumpkin the kids got from the neighbor on Halloween night. It was melted. Melting. It was no longer spherical in shape. It collapsed in on itself. It was a moldy mess, dripping down the shelf. It was nasty.
I cleaned that up.
Then I dug in the dryer for some clothes and found Doug's wallet in there. Yep. The ONE time I forget to go through his pockets there's something in it. And the wallet was here and he was on the westside. Driving. Walletless. And I don't like it when he drives that way.
So I remove the contents from said wallet and lay them out on the countertop to dry.
We get out the door. I'm driving the fut-fut car (a.k.a. our '96 Toyota Corolla). In Hau'ula, a cop decides to pull me over. Oh, joy. My safety is expired AND my registration sticker is expired (the current one was in the glove compartment) AND the current insurance card is nowhere to be found inside the vehicle.
Good thing he let me off with only a warning.
And I was late for work.
Then, while I was at work, I heard on the radio that Andy Irons died. His wife is due with their first child next month. So sad.
And there was that car accident in Laie. I hear the man is in a coma.
And there was something going on at Kakela - helicopters and firetrucks (I heard all of this secondhand, so I'm not sure about the details or the accuracy).
And today I heard that on election day there was also a beating at the North Shore skatepark. Some BYU students, a husband and wife were beaten so badly with a crowbar, they had to be taken to Queen's Medical Center.
What.a.day.
11.03.2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



8 comments:
what? i haven't heard about the students getting beat up?!?! that is crazy.
with all the crazy that is going around i am glad you are safe.
seriously, it was a weird day full of bad news. Hoping for a better week!
i heard about the students. so sad. i heard all the sirens yesterday, there were a ton. do you know what happened at kakelas?
crazyness and sadness.
But I had to laugh at the pumpkins molding over. Only because that has happened to me before.
And I liked your costume. Dead man-zombie-white faced lady.
Sheesh! Craziness is an understatement, I'd say. Something was definitely in the air that day. I hope the rest of your week has been happier!
tuesday totally sucked for me too. bad news in my family... etc. glad tuesday is over.
hope next tuesday is better for everyone!
I got stuck in that accident traffic in Laie heading back into town from the temple - I thought that ruined my day but I think yours was way worse!
Crazy weird day.
I actually know the husband and wife beaten. So sad. They are doing okay, but one guy is still really hurt.
Weird times, I say. Weird, weird times.
Post a Comment