4.06.2012

Goat Island Good Friday









UNCLE RYAN AND HIS FRIEND NATASHA met up with us at Malaekahana.  We stand-up paddle boarded out to Goat island.  The day started out somewhat sunny, but as we prepared to paddle out, the rain came.  It was high tide, windy, and there was some swell coming in.  We got the kids settled on the boards and headed out.  Going against the wind and avoiding getting knocked off of the board was a challenge.  But, we managed.  Malik and I shared a board, and he was freaking out the entire way out.  I think he was most afraid of falling off the board, but he was fine and I wasn't going to let him fall off.  He repeatedly said that he didn't like the "sharky water", and that was making me a little uneasy.  
ONCE ON THE ISLAND, we explored the perimeter and collected shells.  We also spotted some of the shearwater birds that nest there.  The kids brought their little net and attempted to catch little fish in the tidepools.  The sun peeked out every once in a while and we had a little picnic.  We spent a few hours there.  It had been awhile since I had been out to Goat island and this time was a fun adventure I got to spend with my little family.

No comments: