In sunday school today someone made a comment about how important it is to write things down, to document the good things in life so that we remember. It's been so long since I've posted and I feel my lack of record keeping in my life. So it's late and my computer needs re-charging, but I figure I can take a few moments to jot down a few things I am grateful for right now in my life.
I am grateful to be blessed as a mother. Though there are a lot of challenging, not-so-fun moments, motherhood is definitely worth it! I do want more, I definitely do, but I am working right now on being content with my two, striving to be better everyday. Their smiles, laughter, love notes, and sweet, kind words are good reminders of what matters most and what make life worth it!! Watching them grow up is definitely bittersweet, the mother in me wants to keep them safe and protect them from the world and yet I know that life is all about learning and making choices and change. Sometimes it makes me sad that this whole childhood phase is going by all too quickly...Faith just turned 8. EIGHT, people!!?!!! Crazy...
I am grateful for family. It's hard being so far away from my parents and siblings, but thank goodness for modern technology that helps to keep us all connected! It's a comfort knowing that they are always there, supportive and prayerful, and that we can share important moments and laugh and cry together and feel so close despite the distance. I do wish I could see nieces and nephews on a daily basis, though, and get to know them!
I'm grateful for the beauties of the earth that surround us on this tropical island paradise we call home. For clean air and water. For the soothing ocean to enjoy and mountains to play in and explore. It's a wondrous playground my kids thrive in and it's such a joy to observe.
I'm grateful for wonderful friends who are always there, even though I don't make too much effort these days to reach out...I've got to work on that. I appreciate and love each and every one of you, near and yonder. You've influenced my life for the better and for that I am truly blessed.
I am grateful for the gospel. Oh so grateful. It is my anchor, my foundation in difficult times. I love being able to read scripture and say a prayer to start my day off right. I am working on making it a habit for our family. Family home evening definitely needs to make a comeback in our home, it comes and goes in spurts and is another work in progress. But then again, aren't we all? Works in progress?
I am grateful for the wonderful young women I get to see every Sunday. For their bright, hopeful countenances and spirits. It feels good when I can be there for them.
That's all for now, off the top of my head. I'm grateful for a great many more things, but 'tis time for bed. And it feels good to post again, despite a lack of pictures. I make no promises, but I want to have a thriving blog again and will try to be better at writing down the things that matter most.
9.23.2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment