matti came over to watch my kids today -- both of them have colds, mind you. (thank you from the bottom of my heart, matti.) i needed to do a follow-up with an oral surgeon {concerning an x-ray of my jaw and sinus area}. i was praying that he would say, "oh, it's nothing to worry about," and i could walk out the door and be on my merry way. you see, in the x-ray my left sinus is clear and black, and the right side is cloudy and has more white area (or is it vice-versa??) anyways, the oral surgeon says it could just be my anatomy, it could just be that i was congested on one side when the x-ray was done, it could just be the way my insides reflected the rays...it could be...but to be positive that it isn't anything serious, another CT scan may be in order. this time for my head; specifically my sinus area. so, the oral surgeon will get some second opinions from his fellow radiologist pals and then we will know whether or not to get the CT scan. he says that most likely they will recommend the scan; just to rule everything else out.
i ain't gonna lie: i was/am scared. it's just so ironic that right after you get news of something "abnormal", the people in the room try to convince you not to worry or be scared and all that jazz. as if that's even possible!
i walked slowly to my car through the lightly falling rain, shut the door, and shed a few tears. i was thinking worst case scenario: if it is something serious, i don't feel prepared for that. i want to be around to raise my kids (hopefully have some more while i'm at it). i want to watch them play and learn and love, hug, and kiss them. i want to read them stories as i tuck them in at night. time to spill the deepest desires of my heart: i want to have an eternal family. i want to have the priesthood in my home. i want to watch my babies grow up and get married and have babies of their own.
i remember growing up and always having my dad there to give us blessings. he would give us one at the beginning of every school year, when we were sick, or if there was a big test or event coming up. i think the last time i got a blessing was when we got news of Faith needing open-heart surgery. i miss having that sense of comfort and security in my home.
so the moral of the story is: don't go to the dentist.
just kidding.
the moral of the story is, don't ever take anything for granted. seize and savor every moment.
and i'd like to ask for your prayers so that if i do need to get a CT scan, that everything will be okay. and i will have the faith that it will be.
i'd really appreciate it. thank you.
8.13.2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



7 comments:
Hey Liko, my husband's a dentist and I swear, teeth and sinuses are so interconnected, it probably is nothing. But I'm saying a prayer for you! And good luck, hope all is well.
liko, liko. i love you so much. i will for sure pray for you. and please know if you ever feel the need for a blessing please feel free to ask marc. he would be willing to do it at anytime. i know it doesn't replace having it in your home but just know that we would do anything for you. and keep faith, you have a lot of time left in this world and i am sure there a a few more little ones that can't wait to call you mommy. and what lucky kids they will be!
LIKO!!! i am praying for you right this minute!! i want all those things for you too!
why is all this stuff happening to you lately??
anyway, I LOVE YOU and you are in my prayers for sure!
Liko - you are in my prayers. I am sure it is nothing serious, but it will be good to find out. I miss you are your cute family. Faith looked so cute on her first day of kindergarten. Time really does fly when they are young. Tell Faith I miss her and to enjoy school. I will be thinking of her and tell Malik that it will come soon enough for him - he just needs to be mommy's helper for a while first :) I love reading your blog and hope that your news will be good. Wish Doug a happy belated birthday from us.
I am sure things will turn out great. Great things happen to great people. And God doesn't give anything to you that you can't handle.
You will be in my prayers.
If it makes you feel better, my nose was tingling the whole time I read the post. I have a sensitive nose {broke it a few times and hasn't healed properly}
preyers coming your way right about now. hope it all went well. i am sure your gonna be around for a long long time to come! love ya so much kid!
Liko, I'm a bum. I should have at least given you a hug that day. I didn't realize you were so scared, but I should have known. I think everything will turn out and prayers are coming your way right now. So, I am hugging you now, and I'll hug you again next time I see you. And if you would ever like a blessing day or night 5pm or 2:30 am call us. We are 10 minutes away. As for more kids, I shall put mine to go to you in my will. You are a great Mom. So, if you want more kids just run me over next time you see me. ;-)
Post a Comment