Thursday, February 17, 2011, my grandma Beatrice Laua'e (Sproat) Ayoso passed away. She had diabetes and was on dialysis and had slowly been going downhill. She had been ready to go for a while and in some ways it gave me peace knowing she no longer had to suffer. And I know that I will see her again.
|
| me and makana in t-shirts and underwear in the gulch |
 |
| jessyca and i at pololu to see great-grandpa, eating our oatcakes in swimsuits |
 |
| picnicking at pololu with grandma, grandpa, and great-grandpa sproat |
 |
| three little monkeys (me, jess, and makana) sitting on a bench, pololu |
 |
| at grandma's house (amity, grandma, and i) |
 |
| kalei, nicole, grandma, brandon |
 |
| grandma's birthday |
 |
| before church in hawi |
 |
| mahukona |
When I think of grandma, I think about Kohala. About warm, sunny, windy days. About her playing the piano, eating her fruits, going to church with her, playing in the gulch, swimming at Mahukona and Keokea, picnicking at great-grandpa's house at Pololu, her words of wisdom, her love for the gospel, her wonderful stories about growing up in the valley (Honokane Iki) and family -- she was a great storyteller, her gardenias, her calling me her 'kohala girl' because I was born there, all the birthday cards filled with "crack-seed" money and personal notes of love we'd get right on time every year for our birthdays, her love. She was everything a good grandma should be. I love her and will miss her. A hui hou, grandma.

Then on March 1, 2011, we found out that my nephew Lucas was diagnosed with having a tumor in his brain. It was malignant and inoperable and his time on earth was short. He passed away Thursday evening, March 3, 2011 at four months old. I got to know him through Facebook videos and photos. I know he was a choice spirit and if we live righteously we will see him again and I will be able to meet him. My sister, Jessyca and her husband Dennis have strong testimonies about eternal families and look forward to being able to raise him someday. Families can be together forever. That is my comfort. Lucas has taught me to enjoy motherhood more, to appreciate how blessed I am, to hug my babies a little tighter. I love you, Lucas, Jessyca and Dennis.
10 comments:
Liko. I love you! I'm so sorry for your recent losses. Thank our God for eternal families! Tears are flowing - the last picture you posted of your sister cuddling Lucas, her cheek against his. UGH. My heart is heavy. I'm thinking of you and praying for peace within. BIG HUG for all of you.
Wow, my heart goes out to you and your family. Even with the Eternal Plan, it's hard. So hard. What a blessed reminder not to take family and loved ones for granted.
Wow, my heart goes out to you and your family. Even with the Eternal Plan, it's hard. So hard. What a blessed reminder not to take family and loved ones for granted.
love all the old school pics of you and your family. a good grandma is worth her weight in gold.
and i totally teared up at the pics of your nephew- thank you forever families or this would be such a tragedy. love you liko!
love the old pics! Death is not fun to deal with, I'm sorry you've been through a rough patch in that area. Saw your sister's pics on FB, I've been praying that she will have peace in knowing she can be with him forever. Eternal families are such a blessing! This is a tear jerker tho! What a sweet boy.
the old pics are so great and i always love hearing about your magical childhood! baby lucas is so precious and the last picture makes me cry especially. i can't imagine what you, jessyca, and dennis, and everyone must be feeling, but your strength is admirable and inspiring to me! thank you for your testimony. love you!
love you liko!
love you liko!
Those pictures of your sweet little nephew made me heart ache, especially the last one with your sister holding him so close. Yes, thank heaven for eternal families! What a time for your family.
I'm so so sorry to hear about your nephew and your grandmother. I love all the photos, especially the old school Hawaii ones. Thank God for eternal families and for the gospel. How would we all survive without it?
Post a Comment